Allan Gilbreath denies that he was raised by wolves, but still enjoys quiet moonlit evenings. He is an accomplished skeptic, cook, gardener, computer geek, martial artist, and avid student of arcane knowledge. Allan is also a nationally recognized and award-winning author, publisher, speaker, and instructor. He has appeared on television, stage, movies, radio, web/podcast, and tours the country in live appearances. He is the co-host of the geek culture talk radio show The Geek Tank. He enjoys serving on panels and covers a wide range of topics from the serious to the outrageous.
In his adult vampire novels, Galen and Dark Chances, he links sensual fantasy with danger and predation to excellent effect. His exceptional use of plot tension between the various characters sets a wonderful stage for the little details that bring it all to life. Allan’s Jack Lago supernatural mysteries are known for their attention to detail and suspense. His short stories have appeared in numerous anthologies and his collection, Allan Gilbreath: A Short Story Collection covers his three favorite genres; science fiction, dark fantasy, and steampunk. He is currently working on several media projects including paranormal research, comedy shows, and action movies.
Media, Stage & Radio:
- Co-Host of Geek Tank Radio (www.geektankradio.com) – Talk Radio Show covering the Geek Universe
- Curse of the Rougarou 2014 – Plays lead skeptic
- Retro Radio 2013 – Narrator
- No More Sorrow 3: Whispers in the Dark 2012 – plays the silent killer known as “The Honey Badger”
- Expedition Unknown – Reality Paranormal Research Show – consultant and skeptic.
- Click here for a complete listing of Allan’s media, stage and radio credits.
- How to Write a Scary Story Part 1
- How to Write a Scary Story Part 2
- How to Write a Scary Story Part 3
- Horror Writers Association
Writing Credits include:
- Galen – Novel published 1997, *Darrell Award Honorable Mention 1998
- Dark Chances – Novel published 2006,*Darrell Award Finalist for Best Novel 2007
- Allan Gilbreath: A Short Story Collection – Anthology published 2010.
- Click here for a complete list of Allan Gilbreath’s award winning novels, books, and short stories.
- Interview by Bettina Meister online at the Zauberspiegel Magazine.
- Interview by Rochita Loenen-Ruiz online at the Sword Review Ezine: Inside The Writing Mind.
- Interview by Debra Parmley online at Make Believe Mondays
- Interview by Gail Martin on the Ghost in the Machine Poadcast: Ghost in the Machine
Dragon*Con, The Florida Writers Association Conference, Imagicopter Book Tour, ChattaCon, ConNooga, MidSouthCon, Memphis Comic and Fantasy Con, Pulp Con, CoastCon, Phoenix Festival, ShadowCon, AnachroCon, MobiCon, Fandom Festival, Con*Stellation, GMX – Geek Media Expo, Hypericon, HallowCon, and more.